- The Historical Roots of Racial Disparities in the Mental Health System
- Understanding the past enables new ways of addressing current implications and identified barriers, including how schizophrenia became a “black disease,” why prisons emerged where hospitals once stood, and how racial disparities continue to exist in the mental health system today.
- How White Denial of Racism Can Fuel Inequality
- Racism exists. Many people acknowledge this fact, but some are stuck in denial. Learn how denial works as a defense mechanism and how individuals can overcome it.
- Broadening Our Understanding of Trauma: Why Context Matters
- Trauma has many faces. How can we, as therapists, broaden our understanding of trauma and its symptoms, to better serve the people seeking help?
- The Benefits of Yoga for Trauma Treatment & Mind-Body Wellness
- When talk therapy alone doesn’t address the effects of trauma held in the body, consider yoga as a complementary approach toward mind-body healing.